Friday, May 11, 2007

BAUDELAIRE SOCKS!!!

We are close to having Baudelaire Socks!!! My Tuesday night knitting group is doing a Knit a long, we are all making the Baudelaire Socks by Cookie A. I love this pattern allot. I am feeling brave enough to try out some more of Cookie's sock patterns. The pattern can be found in the Summer 2006 issue of Knitty. Mine are in the back row, on the right side. I am using a yarn that I bought at the DFW Fiber Fest. It's a Madeline Tosh yarn. The colorway is called Martha Stewart.

This is the left foot ready to start the leg.
This is the right one I have one more pattern repeat and then the cuff.

This is a close up of the lace it travels up the back of the leg and the front of the leg. There are also cables on the inner leg and outer leg. Cables are part of the plan for this year. I have learned the figure 8 cast on and love it. This is a toe up sock and I am convinced that toe up is the only way to knit socks. I am also using two 16 inch cable needles and not the magic loop. Magic loop is nice but it's too much cable that is left loose for me and I wasn't happy doing that way. I always knit two socks at the same time because it's the only way I avoid the dreaded SSS (second sock syndrome). I will probably do this pattern again but in another colorway. I suddenly have an abundance of sock yarn



My goal for this weekend is to weave in the yarn on Rene's shrug, take photos of it and get it in the mail. I also want to work on the secret present and finish this square. Oh I have started knitting the Shell tank top from Knitting Nature in a bright yellow cotton. I have only started the back and have about 4 inches knit. This one may take a while.


2 comments:

Jeri said...

Yea Mary. Your baudelaires are coming along great. What Cookie pattern should we do next.

Anonymous said...

great looking socks! Hope you are having a great birthday month!
~Lucy