Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dye Day

I have been toying with the idea of growing a pomegranate tree one because I am one of the strange people that love eating the fruit and second, I thought it could be potentially a great source of natural dye. I read several places that only the skin is used for dye and not the seeds. I could not find a reason why the seeds were not being used since the juice on the seeds dyes everything it touches. Not finding a reason I have decided to try to dye with both the skin and the seeds. I am boiling the skin for about an hour. I have taken the fruit/seeds and put them in a pot on the stove on simmer. My thinking hopefully the juice will come out of the fruit and I can try to dye with it. There may not be enough from 2 pomegranates but it's worth a try. I'll update later.

No comments: