Friday, April 13, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Robyn's group contest #3






My favorite pattern? I've noticed that knitters for some strange reason will become obsessed with certain patterns we have the sock knitters, sweater knitters, the dish cloth knitters etc. My knitting obsession is fingerless gloves. The moment I saw the Eowyn fingerless gloves in an issue of Rowan I knew I had to have the pattern. I bought the issue of Rowan but I also googled knitted fingerless glove pattern and found many patterns. I have printed them, put them in a page protector and put them into a binder Something about fingerless gloves just appeals to me, I think they look sexy especially the Eowyn. I've made 3 pairs of them and have been asked to make another.


Now for the least favorite. I don't know if it's the colorway or the pattern or my knitting but I am not happy at all with the way the Bella is coming out. I don't know it might be the energy that is associated with the yarn but I have decided to frog the whole thing. I will make it again but in a different color. I will also use the tips that I have been given and maybe this time it won't come out so wonkie and look terrible. I can't bring myself to work on it.

No comments: