Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Husbands, Mothers, Ruffles and ridges, and Coffee & Yarn swap.

I was ready to do this to my DH when I thought how ridiculous I would look in the head dress and that make up, so I let it drop, but here is what he did. As we all know when we reach the magical (cough) magical age of 40 something our eyesight starts to slowly go. I have accepted and embraced my "Grannie glasses" to knit and to read etc. However I thought I was going blind. We have always had a 100 watt bulb in the ceiling fan over the bed ALWAYS.... I even asked the DH what he put in he assured me it was a 100 watt. Well a friend of ours came over and offered to help DH install the new ceiling fan (that had been sitting in our garage for over a year). The light fixture comes down, and I look at the bulb.... it's a FRELLING 60 watt.......ggggrrrrrr...... For a moment I looked like Johnny Depp as the chief and I saw my DH as Orlando Bloom. Mom on the other hand gave me a compliment today. She told me how good of a job I had done on her wrap, how well my stitches looked, how even the gage was, she was very impressed that I did a border and pockets in a different pattern then stocking net. The wrap was good but... it still left part of her back exposed and cold it would be better if I had made her a vest. Would it be ok if she ripped the wrap and send it to me so that I could knit her a vest? What do you think I said to an 83 yr old woman. Sure mom, go ahead and enjoy ripping it out and sending it back to me. I will find a vest pattern and knit you a new one. Not a problem. She sounded happy knowing that I was going to knit her a vest. Now all I have to do is find one one the Internet which I am sure I can do.

Well Finally!!! as of today the Fiber Trends Ruffles and Ridges shawl is done and off the needles!!! Ahead of schedule I was giving myself to Sunday to finish it. Now onto Tim's sweater, I have already finished the back and will block it tomorrow, I've cast on for the front.

And the best for last! My package from my Coffee and Yarn swap arrived today!!! I got mail from not US Postage but Royal Mail!!! Yes my swap partner is from the UK, actually she's from Cambridge studying bio medicine. When I opened the package this is what I found, things were wrapped in tissue and the lovely scent of lavender.


There was this beautiful card


The Starbucks gift card
This lovely cup cozy no cups around so had to use my wrist to demo
This beautiful hand knit wash cloth and handmade lavender soap I have fresh lavender growing right outside my bathroom window. The DH loved the washcloth.


The coffee I can't wait to try it. I may invite one of our friend from Guatemala for a cup
And finally the yarn, this is the richest purple I have seen in a long time, it's so soft, I couldn't stop touching it. I have this Louisa Harding pattern for fingerless gloves she calls them garden gloves, I believe that this will make a pair of them. Lyndsey-Jane Thank you so much for the wonderful things.



1 comment:

Lyndsey-Jane said...

Glad you liked it all! I love purple and the purple alpaca is just gorgeous!! Enjoy!