Monday, December 11, 2006

Another project completed!!!

The Jarwall Socks are finally Completed!!!!!! There was much joy and rejoicing in the land!!! This is the first pair of socks that fits!!!... All the others didn't because the person that taught me did not give me two key pieces of info, I found a book with instructions and followed them and now I have socks that fit!!!... I must be a snob of sorts... the only socks that keep my feet warm enough are the socks I knit for myself. The only socks that feel wonderful on my feet with the exception of the World's Softest Socks. I now can start knitting socks for Tim after Tim gets at least 3 pairs, I can knit socks for friends and family...

I finished the back of Vilma, now only the front and just sew it together and I'm done!

I have made some progress on the large lace for the Bella. It's about half done. I need to knit the lace pattern 5 times before I can attach it to the shawl, right now I have about 2 1/2 I will remember to take a photo of it and post it.

I did find a source for the recycled Sari Silk that I need to make the shrugs for Deanna and Rene. The Wool Peddler. They are very courteous, very efficient, and very prompt in not only email, but in shipping also. I already have the yarn, and I've got it wound into balls already. Will be starting Deanna's later this week.

I also have one other source for the yarn for Heidi's sweater, I should be getting the samples any day now. With this source I can have them dye the yarn for me any color that I want even the darkest purple that Heidi loves.
I have been learning/practicing cables by knitting wash cloths. I am hooked... I have never felt anything so soft. I am going to have to knit some more of these up.
I didn't believe I was spoiled by natural fiber yarns until I went to Hobby Lobby last week and looked at the three isles of yarns that they carry...I saw a handful of cotton, a bit over priced and the rest was acrylic blends... I kept looking for the natural fibers... none! I am so very lucky that I have found sources for it that are affordable.
The first of my swap is almost ready just waiting for the coffee and I can send it off. I hope she likes it.
Oh by the way the Ruffles and Ridges shawl that started out with 1095 stitches.... it's now down to 285...I only have to get it down to 15 before I can bind off. I did take it off the 60 inch needles and am now on 40 inch... I am going to have to change needles again soon to a smaller one.

No comments: