Monday, December 18, 2006

What's planned for this week???

Well last week I did finish another project, I finished the MultiDirectional scarf, just in time too yes, it's a Christmas present. So that's three projects done. In addition to looking for a job this week I would like to start and finish Deanna's shrug. I have actually already started it and am close to finishing the left sleeve. I would love to have it finished for so that I can give it to her for Christmas. I have started on Tim's sweater right now all I have done is the back ribbing. I am starting the last repeat of the lace pattern for the Bella shawl once, I have it finished, I can attach it to the finished upper part of it and start finishing it. I would love to have either the Bella shawl or the Vilma sweater finished for New Years Eve. Nothing big planned just spending time with friends. This week I have a few cookies to make, go out and get things for Christmas Eve Dinner. Thank goodness the holiday falls on a Sunday this year that way Tim can help me prepare some of the traditional foods. Speaking of foods. We went to a Christmas Party today, and I was asked to bring the Pineapple Cheese Casserole. Well it was the hit of the party. It out did the freshly baked yeast rolls. Here is the recipe straight from Allrecipes.com

Pineapple Cheese Casserole
Submitted by: KerriRated: 5 out of 5 by 35 members
Prep Time: 10 MinutesCook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 40 MinutesYields: 12 servings
"Pineapple chunks baked with Cheddar cheese, and topped with a buttery cracker crust."
INGREDIENTS:
3 (15 ounce) cans pineapple
chunks
2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
cheese
8 tablespoons pineapple juice
8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
30 buttery round crackers,
crushed
1/2 cup butter, sliced
DIRECTIONS:
1.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.
In a large bowl combine pineapple chunks, cheese, pineapple juice, flour and sugar. Spoon into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with crushed crackers and butter slices.
3.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.

I had this a long time ago at a work party in North Carolina. I had been holding back this recipe from Tim for 8 yrs. A wife can't let her husband know all her secrets all at once... we have to keep them guessing. Well my pineapple loving husband loves this. What he doesn't know is that I substitute Splenda for the white sugar.

If I don't get to slip back into here before Christmas, I wish you a very merry Christmas.

No comments: