Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Holidays

The holidays were wonderful. Time spent with family and friends. Wonderful presents. Yes I did finish all the last minute Christmas presents. I didn't get a photo of Deanna's finished one yet, but as soon as I do I will post it. I want to finish Vilma this week,I would like to wear it for New Years. I really don't want to start on a new project until after the new year.
My goal of having the Bella finished by New years well... that's not going to happen, I have finished the 5 pattern repeats to join it to the top of the shawl but, I now have to continue the pattern repeats all the way up to the shoulder, across the shoulder down the back and even with the lace at the bottom.... If it's ready by the end of January I'll be lucky.
I did have an interview last week Thursday with an actual employer. They are demanding in the amount of work they require however, because of how automated they are the demands are possible. They do pay well and they have a bonus structure that compensates very well for the extra work done. I was told by the person interviewing me that the more time that goes by without hearing from them the better, they will not make an offer until after background checks have been made. I don't know if this will help or hurt me but the second person that interviewed me was someone I worked with in the past.
I don't know about you but I am tired of left over ham for lunch and dinner, so I have concocted a casserole for dinner, chop up 2 cups of ham, mix in left over potatoes au gratin, peel and slice thinly 2 extra potatoes, take left over stuffed mushrooms, and left over mushroom dumplings, add 2 thinly sliced carrots, sliced into circles not long ways, one can of cream of mushroom soup, and 1 can of water from the cream of mushroom soup, mix it all together, cover with aluminum foil and bake for one hour at 350 degrees. I'll let you know how they like it. I think I will call this, leftover Christmas Ham Casserole.

1 comment:

Heidi Durham said...

Sounds yummy (except for the mushrooms)!