Friday, February 09, 2007

Thank you

I want to thank all of you that replied to the call for help on my DH's sweater. I frogged it and knitted it once again (the collar not the sweater) It now has a lovely 6/6 rib to match the ribbing at the bottom of the sweater and it will match the ribbing on the sleeves.
I knitted the Calorimetry pattern from the current issue of Knitty with left over Malabrigio and I still have enough Malabrigio to put into one of the squares. I'll be posting photo's tomorrow.
Oh goodness, I almost forgot, my DH wants to learn how to knit. He's been watching a few of the Knitty Grittys with me. There was an episode on knitting with wire. One of the types of knitting with wire was called Viking Knitting. Naturally that turned DH's head since the forefather of the clan originally was one of the Norse countries before he decided to come and live in Scotland. He also wants to see if he can knit with leather cord. I don't see why he can't. I did tell him though he needed to know how to do basic knitting with yarn before he moved onto wire and/or leather. So tomorrow evening at MacHenry's http://www.machenrys.com/waiting for the Austin Lounge Lizards to start playing I am to teach him how to cast on and how to knit. I won't get him to try purling yet. I have my bamboo size 8 ready for him along with giving him 3 starter books to read, and I have the scrap yarn for him to start out on also. He will be using the same needles and yarn I started with when I picked it back up in 2005. I will be teaching him continental since that's the only way I know how to knit.

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

I would love to learn continental, I think it looks so cool, I have tried, but can not get a grip on it....sigh, I always lose the yarn pulling it thru.